Mental health problems affect one in three Canadians. Do you know how to help?
Mental Health First Aid is given until appropriate professional treatment is received or until the crisis is resolved. The concept is based on the model of medical First Aid.
12 hour (2 day) course, Feb. 21-22, 2015
Fee: $35 per person, or free for qualified Hinchinbrook Farm Volunteers.
Learn how to recognize and help people who are displaying signs of mental health problems or who are experiencing a mental health crisis. The course does NOT train you to be a therapist, counselor or mental health professional.
- what mental health means,
- signs and symptoms of common mental health problems and crisis situations,
- a basic model to provide Mental Health First Aid,
- information about effective interventions and treetments
- how to access professional help.
Call to register with Jessie at 902-624-0603.
Location: Hinchinbrook Farm, 652 Highway 325, Blockhouse (next door to the Blockhouse School Project).
February 21st and 22nd, 2015, 9 am to 4 pm. Bring your own lunch.
Presented by South West Mental Health and Addictions